Thursday, February 28, 2013

I Love...

Honchito (my made up spanish for little boss) has been in our lives for 100 days today and in honor of the occasion I came up with 50 things I love about him!

I love...
1-10. His tiny fingers, toes, his big blue eyes, looong eyelashes, semi-bald head, big belly, his hand size booty (seriously, fits right in my hand!), perfect skin, sweet smell, BIG smiles
11.  How tightly he grips my shirt
12.  When he pulls my hair
13.  When he smiles so hard his eyes crinkle shut
14.  His almost laugh
15.  When he chuckles in his sleep
16.  Kissing his cheeks
17.  How much he loves reading “Brown Bear, Brown Bear”
18.  Snuggling with him
19.  That he slept in our arms almost exclusively the first 6 weeks
20.  When he looks like Louis
21.  When he looks like me
22.  That I made him (!)
23.  That God gave the perfect gift to us at the perfect time
24.  That he has discovered he can control his hands
25.  Reading to him in his rocker
26.  How tiny his socks are (and some still aren’t tiny enough)
27.  That his eyes follow me when I walk away
28.  How strong he is
29.  When he really cries- like the “waaaaa”- so cute!
30.  His pouty face (one of the things he got from me)
31.  How much he loves baths
32.  Dressing him up like a little man
33.  Skin to skin time
34.  How he smiles at Sadie dog
35.  When his tummy is full & his whole body goes limp
36.  When he's upset but calms down the second we snuggle him
37.  When he kicks & waves his arms with a look of intense concentration
38.  When he rests his hands on his tummy
39.  When he stares at something & you can just see the gears working in his head
40.  When he looks at something & smiles like it’s the coolest thing he's ever seen
41.  That he is such an easy going guy!
42.  That even when I feel cabin feverish, I know that I am doing what God made me for & I delight in that
43.  When he is startled & his hands fly up like a wizard or orchestra conductor
44.  That Sadie's barking doesn't faze him because he heard her barking for months before he was born 
45.  What he has brought out in Louis
46.  That despite my diabetes he is perfect, not too small at all!
47.  And because of my diabetes I got to meet him 13 days early! (assuming he came on my due date)
48.  Dreaming about his future
49.  That (God willing!) he is the first of several children we will have & I can't wait to have more
50.  That he is mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment