Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Round 3

So we are 4.5 weeks into Round 3.  (Round 2 was a bust.) I will either get my period on Tuesday or a positive pregnancy test. This round I have less confidence in that possibility since this was another "failed" round, in that I didn't ovulate when I should have. I switched obgyns, and when I saw him on day 17 he did an ultrasound and found that I had a bunch of small follicles and a couple mediums but no nice big one like I should. The biggest was 16 mm, and he would like to see 24 mm. He said he believed I'd been under-treated so far (completely agree) and that he was going to double my dose of clomid next month, and then monitor to see how I respond. He said to reset my perspective to this being a 6 month process, and he is optimistic that this will do the trick for us. He has two year old twin boys that they got after IVF, so he has been through it all himself. He specializes in infertility and high risk pregnancy so he is exactly what I need. I left his office and told Louis "I'm in love". Seriously he is wonderful & I feel confident he will help us.

I'm pretty frustrated at this point that 1) my old doctor wasted my time & when I tried to tell them it wasn't working my complaints went unheard and 2) that we're having to work this hard at all. I am grateful that we have one perfect little blessing, and know that it could be worse, but I'm at the selfish part of the month. It's a cycle. Grieve the failure, reset with optimism, ramp up with hope, wait with mixed emotions, then self-pity when you never get that plus sign. 

Louis is still so trusting of God's timeline and God's plan. I agree that everything God has done for me has been nothing short of wonderful, but I am awful at seeing that while in the thick of things. One of many things I'm working on!

Next: #2

No comments:

Post a Comment