Tuesday, June 7, 2011

becoming a blogger

I decided many months ago that I wanted to start a blog, but never got started because, let's face it, ANY and all time I had away from school and awake was spent doing absolutely nothing.  During the school year, being a teacher uses up 110% of my time and energy and I have little motivation left for anything else.  I am hoping and praying that this summer and next school-year I can re-focus my energies back into taking better care of myself and my husband (oh and our sweet puppy dog!).

I wanted to blog because...

  • it's an amazing form of technology, and not only do I love technology...


  • I love expressing myself this way!  I had a xanga back in the day (remember those?!), which actually still is viewable, to my recent surprise! http://serendipity712.xanga.com/
    **sidenote: last entry is dated November 27, 2006 - Louis and I officially started dating on November 30, 2006. hmm...**


  • in finding my old xanga, I realized that it gives an interesting opportunity to look back and see how much I have changed in the last 5 years, and since I have a poor memory (already!) I must keep record if I ever want to be intro/retrospective! (hence the pensieve!)


  • this summer I hope to finally get A LOT done in decorating/redoing our house.  We bought it Nov. 2009 and I've worked the whole time and have not been able to devote entire days and weeks to the amount of sanding/painting/refinishing/nailing that needs to be done.  I am hoping that by posting some of my plans and eventual progress on here I can get the accountability and motivation I need!


  • these last 3 years of marriage to Louis have been, well, the most incredible gift of all time, and a time of enormous changes, struggles, blessings, highs, and lows, and as we continue our journey together, I want to document it all!


  • Hopefully I can stick with this!  I'll post my "to REdo" list for the house soon, just so you can get all excited about the changes to come!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment