Thursday, June 23, 2011

Progress

What's new with the Palacios pair?  Well in the last couple of weeks I have done quite a bit toward making the house ours!  (with more to come in the near future!)

We got a new dishwasher, stove, and microwave (which we are installing tonight):

 



I put together a couple of dvd shelves from ikea and added them to our existing bookshelves and then rearranged and reorganized them so now they look like this:


And no I'm not showing you the rest of the study yet because as a result of the reorganization project the rest of the room is now a disaster... and I have two other bookshelves that aren't shown because like the OCD librarians daughter I am the books are arranged by type (children's upstairs, all non-fiction textbook type materials are next to the desk, and this is mostly fiction).  Louis is lucky I didn't take the time to alphabetize them like I did in high school...

And I got this table and set it up to be our mail center in the entry way.  There isn't enough color here so I'm going to move that welcome sign to another table (that we don't own yet) and add a colorful vase with some flowers I think.  And maybe add some color to the bottom shelf.  I don't know yet, I'm trying to use what I already have and not buy a ton of stuff unless I have to.


And last, but most importantly, I got my CGM today (not July 13th, thank the Lord)!


You are looking at my stomach, and a whole lot of tape!  She seemed very worried that I would knock it off or something.  The gray part is bigger than a quarter, but smaller than a half dollar, and there is a little tube (called a canula) that is sticking inside me to withdraw a small amount of blood at all times.  I will wear this until Tuesday, at which point they will take it and download all of my BG readings.  I'm not positive but I think the way they use this information is to convince the insurance company that I need it and that they should pay for it. =)  Thanks to Jeanne from Medtronic (the company that produces this little wonder) for loaning me her sample CGM and hurrying this process along!

We're camping this weekend so I'm sure I'll have some entertaining stories for my next blog!  Louis has only been one other time and this place doesn't even have a spigot or electrical hookups at the campsites, so this will be a pretty rough addition to his camping education...

3 comments:

  1. Love this post! Thanks for keeping me updated about your CGM! Can't wait to talk to you in person about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where's Panky? Is this supposed to be even better than that? I'm always impressed how well you take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This will work with Panky! It will constantly send my blood sugars to panky where they will be graphed and then used to calculate rates of change and notify me if my sugar is to high or low, or will be soon. Pretty awesome technology.

    ReplyDelete