Tuesday, February 18, 2014

BFP

Which means Big Fat Positive, if you don't read a lot of fertility/ttc (trying to conceive) message boards.

I meant to bring a test with me to Austin this weekend to take Sunday morning, but forgot, so I had to do it yesterday. Luckily I had one "FRER" (First Response Early Result) under the sink, which are supposed to be the most sensitive to the hormones. My period should be coming on Thursday, so this was 3 days early. Not impossible to get a + but definitely possible to get a false negative, so I was cautious as I approached the porcelain throne. I did the deed and then set it down face down. I played on my phone for a few minutes (Quiz Up!) and then flipped it over. Two pink lines. Thank you God. I had told Louis I was about to hop in the shower but needed to tell him immediately. I couldn't wait to come up with some clever way to tell him. The first time he got a photo text of the test, and this time I went upstairs and acted like nothing was going on and then handed the test to him. His response? "What does this mean?". Umm honey, it says right there on the stick what it means! But I confirmed his suspicion and we hugged and rejoiced! His next question was "what's her name?", and while I appreciate his positive thinking, I really am going to do my best to not get my hopes up and prepare for the possibility of another boy. 

And since then we've been mentioning it here and there. Last time I'm pretty sure we hardly talked about it, or at least talked about it as if it was uncertain for several days while we waited for the lab work to come back. If I remember right, I took the first test Sunday morning, had labs on Monday and Wednesday, and the doc (bless her heart) called me Wednesday night. I called my sisters immediately after! Mom and Dad I told a week or so later with a more fun method than just a phone call. And Louis' parents was a month later again with a fun method. This time we are feeling more comfortable I suppose, although I'm planning on waiting on sharing until my first appointment at 6 weeks. I took a dollar store test this morning and it was faint but also positive, and I will probably take a few more over the next two weeks, just to confirm it's true and get it to sink in. Last time I had two rounds of blood work and 2 ultrasounds by 6 weeks, so it felt very real.  

I'm happy. Overjoyed. Thankful. Nervous. Excited. Anxious. Blessed. Delighted. I want to have a good long prayer and thank God for taking care of me. And ask him to continue to do so. But I honestly can't find the words. It might have to be something I hand write, because my brain is going too fast in too many directions to focus on the words I need. 

And update, all last week I worked on my list. I found fabric for the playroom curtains and spray painted every doorknob, towel bar, toilet paper holder and bathroom light fixture I could get my hands on. It definitely helped the time pass! This week Carter has two dr appointments and two therapy related appointments, and Macy and I are working on Bachelorette Party stuff, so I'll be busy, but I'm also going to keep working on the list! I survived the TWW til test day, now I have a TWW until appointment day!

Next: Regrets

No comments:

Post a Comment