Tuesday, February 4, 2014

This morning we conceived a baby girl.

Power of positive thinking, right? ;)

I actually started the weekend really positive, but now am unsure. On Friday I had an ultrasound to see what the double dose of clomid did to my follicles. On the smaller dose, my biggest was 16 mm, and if you factor in a little more growth before ovulation, maybe was 20? This time I had a 23 mm follicle which also would grow a little more before being released, which he thought we happen on Sunday or Monday. Seems silly to be excited about less than a cm difference, but the smaller one was really on the cusp of being big enough for success, whereas this one is exactly what they like to see. I never got a positive ovulation test though, so I'm not sure. The test detects a surge in LH which usually is what signals the follicle to erupt. I have gotten a positive result the last three cycles, so I am not sure if I missed the surge, or if it hasn't happened, or if the clomid messed with the results. I will probably call the doc in a couple days if I still don't see it and ask for a progesterone test. 

I would love for it to happen this month (just like the last three I suppose, but this time with reason). If it's not until next month then Carter & #2 will be 2 years almost to the week apart, & the next month would be a Christmas baby, but the next cycle after that seems so far away. Anyway, the doc is feeling positive, but I am on the fence. 

Carter is teething, and either has a cold or allergies, which have lasted almost a month. He's had fever here & there (thrice!), but the doc said he didn't see any signs of infection, just a cold. Hopefully he's on the mend because he hasn't been eating well and I am losing patience. Not with him in general, with the feeding. Things that he had been eating well are now of no interest and I'm running out of ideas! His therapist comes tomorrow and a dietician on Friday, so hopefully they have some ideas. I still am thankful that if I could have either a good sleeper or a good eater I got the good sleeper (generally), but this is the pits. Getting old real fast kid...!

Next: I Lied

No comments:

Post a Comment