Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Checking In

(Stolen from someone, possibly Kate Bryan)

Making: Pre-K lesson plans
Cooking: very little. I'm in the midst of organizing the mother of all freezer cooking sessions, so it's super easy stuff for now. 
Drinking : diet caffeine free coke (aka flavored, colored water)
Reading: Interrupted by Jen Hatmaker and Birth by Tina Cassidy (I NEVER read two at once but Interrupted's a little heavy!)
Wanting: someone to clean and organize my bathroom for me
Looking: forward to setting up my classroom next week & then heading to Port A with my favorite people in the world!
Playing: Netflix. Lots of Star Trek when I can't sleep. 
Wasting: time. It's 3:32 am. I should have been asleep hours ago like my snoring husband. 
Sewing: the answer should be curtains, but the fabric is sitting on my sewing table, waiting patiently. 
Wishing: we could gut the aforementioned bathroom & start over. (Someday!) 
Enjoying: our house! We've had so much company lately that it's stayed really clean & picked up and it's so nice!
Waiting: for Godot. 
Liking: the feeling I'm getting from prepping for school. After months of feeling adrift, I am back in my element, organized, and in control!
Wondering: if the busyness I'm creating for myself to stay distracted is a healthy or unhealthy coping mechanism. 
Loving: this stage of Carter's! He is doing the cutest, smartest, big boy things & picking up new skills left & right! 
Hoping: the transition from 1 nap to 2 (that I think is imminent) goes smoothly! 
Needing: to go to sleep!!!
Smelling: clean sheets
Wearing: the least attractive pjs ever (imagine long sleeved, collared, button down, to about mid-thigh, in a blue stripe pattern, with yoga capris & socks)
Noticing: I probably need new pjs. 
Knowing: my husband doesn't care. (But I digress.)
Thinking: about way too much as usual. 
Feeling: anxious. Excited. Nervous. Impatient. 
Opening: up a new chapter? (That's an awkward prompt!) I am feeling positive about what the next year will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment