Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Waiting to exhale

Well we are in the midst of the "TWW". This weekend (also my 28th birthday) we will hopefully get a positive pregnancy test, or AF will show up Monday or Tuesday.

When we went in for our day 12 ultrasound, we found 1 medium follicle (15mm) and 4-5 small ones. Ugh. Not what we hoped. It ended up taking another week for me to ovulate, so it's very very possible that by then we had a nice healthy big follicle in there (they grow about 2 mm per day), but still the clomid isn't working exactly like it should. The predictable response should be for ovulation to occur on or very near day 14 with a nice big follicle. Since it didn't give me that big follicle and I didn't ovulate until day 19, next month the plan will probably we change. 

My doc already kind of laid out the plan (which is why I love him, already thinking ahead and being proactive instead of reactive). He's afraid more clomid will give us more follicles instead of one bigger timely one (as desperately as I want a big family I don't want quints...). Next month we'll try femara, which is a drug developed for a very different purpose, but which gives a similar result. If this month isn't successful hopefully that will do the trick. 

I have mixed feelings about testing this weekend. I'm frustrated that we got a good egg in January and a bad sperm is the one that was successful in fertilizing it (I'll go ahead and throw it out there that nothing Louis did or didn't do had anything to do with it and I in no way hold him responsible.  Just bad luck!). Like, if it wasn't going to work out, why let it work at all? It could have been another failed cycle and then maybe February would have worked and I would still be halfway through a healthy pregnancy. The last double line test I got was such a roller coaster and something I am definitely not ready to go through again. I already feel like this month will be unsuccessful, and I'm not looking forward to many more months of all these up and downs. Though if it is positive I will still be holding my breath for 8 or more weeks while we wait to see if everything is ok. Ready for this piece of life to be over!

Next: Not Pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment