Tuesday, August 26, 2014

The cat is out of the bag, sort of

So I have never felt this sick and miserable in my life. Oh wait yes I did, 6 months ago!! 

It comes and goes. Sometimes food or water makes it better, sometimes it makes it worse. Sometimes laying down is the best course of action. Sometimes I need to get up and get busy and distract myself. Today I have had all of those situations. Woke up, took my zofran (that I started needing over a week ago), and ate a little something and still had to lay down after my shower. Went to school and ate a little something else and initially felt ok but the longer I sat there the worse it got. Then I got busy running around and I was fine. Then I got home and was starving so I ate, and now I'm back on the couch. 

For some people they are so sick (vomit-wise) they lose weight and get dehydrated. For me, I have trouble functioning because I'm everything but vomit-y. Like seasickness, vertigo, and a migraine all at once. I haven't thrown up yet, and will try not to, but I just want to 99% of the time. And I am completely intolerant of temperature- go from freezing to sweating in seconds. I'm basically getting the flu. For hopefully only 6-8 weeks. 

Thanks to all this mess I told everyone at school today. Yes it is super early. Yes I may be eating my words in the next 6 weeks. But it was going to come out anyway when they saw me laying on the floor or breathing deeply through my nose while sipping water and eating animal crackers (because salt makes me sicker). And I was also wearing my sea bands, because 2 zofran hadn't done much.

And you know what? I'm still so happy. Still scared and terrified and anxious and worried and nervous (yes those are all pretty much the same), but excited. Hopeful. Frustrated that my appointment got pushed back 5 days, but I can make it!

Next: Blueberry

No comments:

Post a Comment